Did you know Senator Sessions’s full name is Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, which means he is actually named after 2 separate slave-holding traitors who fought to destroy America: Jefferson Davis and General Beauregard. Interesting fact. Also, we’re on vacation next week, but will be back post-1/20.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: Share Your ACA Stories. The ACA has made a real difference in the lives and health of countless Americans. Are you one of them? The Dems are collecting stories here.
- By Friday: Oppose Jeff Sessions. Call your member of congress, Senator, or, if you’d like, anyone on the Judiciary Committee. Senator Grassley is a good start.
- By Sunday: Read about Russia. Cut through the media, and look at the unclassified version of the intel yourself.
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: Different take this time, but Obama is leaving office with some of the best unemployment numbers ever. Where is the screaming from the rooftops news coverage? Nope, we get the milquetoast “How Obama’s Jobs Record Stacks Up.” Read it anyway.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Trump can’t get Mexico to pay for the wall. So sad!
- Coward of the week award: Congressional Republicans who want to build it anyway on our tax dollars.
- Hero of the week award: Representatives McGovern, Raskin, and Jayapal.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: It’s time for this one.