This week is going to be rough. There is no way around it, only through it. This week we celebrate the triumphs of the Obama Administration, and focus on President-Elect Trump’s failure to resolve his conflict of interests. This article from the New York Times’ Upshot highlights some of the ways the news cycle and Trump’s manipulation of it is distracting from the real stories.
Stay vigilant folks!
1. By Tomorrow: Can’t make it to DC for the Women’s March Saturday? Find a sister march in your area and sign up to participate.
3. By Sunday: Read up on how President-Elect Trump has failed to resolve his business conflict of interest.
1. Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard about: Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) writes partisan and hypocritical letter and makes veiled threats to ethics stalwart Walter Shaub Jr., the director of the nonpartisan ethics office. Top Trump advisor Reince Preibus also got in on the action.
2. Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Trump’s outrageous attack on John Lewis and his Georgia district provides a window into Trump’s racism and fundamental misunderstanding of the African American community.
3. Coward of the week: States that don’t acknowledge Martin Luther King Jr. Day
4. Hero of the week: President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s Bromance. Watch Obama surprise Joe Biden by awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom – You may want tissues.
5. Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: because we aren’t ready to make nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojL_35QlSIp