All – The March was inspiring; now let’s make sure the momentum continues.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: Call Fox News. Saturday, four million people peacefully took to the streets. Fox News, of course, wanted to make it look criminal and lawless, so they showed a clip of protests from the previous day! “Judge” Jeanine claims to respond to her Facebook page—hold her to it.
- By Friday: Thank the Times! First, a mea culpa, then reasonable headlines. Let’s give Public Editor Liz Spayd some positive reinforcement.
- By Sunday: Demand a public hearing. The head of the Office of Government Ethics wants a public hearing on POTUS’s conflicts of interest. Chaffetz refuses. Rep. Will Hurd is the most endangered R on the Committee—call him.
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: Companies cozying up to crony capitalism by recycling old news.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Betsy DeVos’s hearing. Pro-gun, anti-bear comments at 1:50.
- Coward of the week award: Rep. Chaffetz. McMullin, please primary him.
- Hero of the week award: Volunteers preserving government climate data.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: #WomensMarch.