Honestly, I don’t even know where to begin here. So, let’s get right to it.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: #DeleteUber. While NYC cab drivers went on strike in support of JFK protestors and Lyft donated to the ACLU, Uber scabbed. In addition, the CEO has been cozying up to Trump. Show them we don’t need a ride to Vichy.
- By Friday: Hit Breitbart where it hurts. With Breitbart celebrating the Muslim Ban, it’s even more important to hinder them. Dozens of major corporations have pulled their ads. Convince Amazon to do the same.
- By Sunday: Get more news. Bill Moyers has compiled a list of entities committed to hard-hitting investigative journalism.
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: While the news cycle was focused on the egregious Muslin Ban, the President removed the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence from the National Security Council. In their place – Steve Bannon.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Highlight’s from the President’s first two interviews.
- Coward of the week award: Pence. Ryan. McConnell. And every Republican Congressperson who hasn’t already introduced a bill to remove the Muslim Ban.
- Hero of the week award: Mike Wishnie and all the lawyers showing up to fight.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: We Stand Together.