Congrats on the success with Uber last week everyone! We got the CEO to resign from Trump’s Ringwraith Council, and to join Lyft in supporting the ACLU.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: Thank Reuters. They are finally getting it with new guidelines on how to cover Trump. Send Steve Adler a thank-you: Steve.Adler@ thomsonreuters.com.
- By Friday: Watch SNL. Because, honestly, the interaction with the press is getting this bad.
- By Sunday: Go to town halls. Here is a list of every town hall or public meeting for every Senator and Congressperson. This is what democracy looks like.
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: It’s somewhat nice when we just get financial protections eviscerated and allow coal companies to defile our rivers.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: 84 Lumber’s Superbowl Ad, which Fox deemed too controversial to air. Who said women and immigrants were allowed to start businesses anyway?
- Coward of the week award: Senator Tillis, who appears to be literally afraid of interacting with his constituents.
- Hero of the week award: Whoever set up The Bowling Green Victims’ Massacre Fund.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: For everyone at JFK, Dulles, and airports across the country, here’s a Peter, Paul, and Mary number for you.