A week with some positive news here: The Delaware Senate stays blue, preserving one of the six Democratic trifectas and the Action Alliance launches our new website at https://www.actionalliance.co/ with more ways to fight back and support what we believe in.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
1. By tomorrow: Help Out Fox. Fox News is running a poll asking how Americans rate President Trump so far. Share your thoughts here.
2. By Friday: Keep Protests Legal. Realizing they’ve lost the support of the people, 18 states are trying to make it harder or outright illegal to protest. If you live in one of these states, call your reps (find them here.)
3. By Sunday: Call Reuters. Last week, the White House barred CNN, the NY Times, and others from a press gaggle. In response, Time and the AP boycotted the briefing and even Bloomberg and the WSJ said they won’t participate in the future. Call Reuters (646-223-4000) and ask them to stand up for the free press by boycotting future exclusionary briefings.
Part 2: Mixed Media
1. Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: A leaked report shows how Republican plans to “fix” the ACA would result in 50% of those who benefit from it losing their insurance.
2. Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Here’s a round-up of Republican legislators hearing from their engaged constituents, and those that are too scared to show up.
3. Coward of the week award: Tucker Carlson who, when he couldn’t actually get a protest organizer to appear to debate him, got an actor to play one on his show!
4. Hero of the week award: Toby Smith, the 7-year-old who trounced Tom Cotton at his town hall. Watch here.
5. Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: A modern remake of Tippecanoe and Tyler Too, the campaign song of the shortest-lived Presidential term in US history. Harrison stays at Number 1, let’s shoot for Number 2 (we need to beat Garfield’s 199 days.)