There once was a rich bloke who had
Life easy since he was a lad.
He sat in his quarters,
And said to reporters,
My job is too hard and I’m sad.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: Help Mr. Rogers. With public media under attack again, The Beautiful Day campaign is asking people to celebrate Fred Rogers by sending them a pic in your favorite sweater with your own personal PBS story.
- By Friday: WTF Boston Globe? They sent out this tweet (since deleted.) Ask digital managing editor Kathleen Kingsbury to keep a tighter handle on her twitter feed.
- By Sunday: Call the Voice. The White House has established a special hotline for people to call to report any encounters with illegal aliens. Please call and leave a nice, long message. The number is 1-855-48-VOICE. I’d suggest reading from the War of the Worlds, but it’s up to you.
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: White House Chief of Staff says the president is looking at a constitutional amendment to end freedom of the press.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Donald Trump thinks the presidency is hard.
- Coward of the week award: Scott Walker, who won’t remove a county sheriff after an inmate in his care died from dehydration – the sheriff denied him water for SEVEN DAYS.
- Hero of the week award: This year’s WHCD was a thankless task, especially given the president didn’t even show. Thanks Hasan Minhaj for telling the truth.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: More Springsteen.