One interesting thing to note in the biblical Christmas story is how irrelevant the emperor becomes. Once he orders the inconvenient and egotistical registration to measure his own power, we never hear from him again.
Here’s this week’s Actions & Links.
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
- By tomorrow: I can’t believe we haven’t talked about Fox yet. In a rare moment of actual Truth, Bill O’Reilly acknowledged that the Republicans’ goal is racist promotion of rule by old, out-of-touch white men. Are their advertisers OK with this? Why don’t you call Liberty Mutual, their primary advertiser, and ask them? Contact is John Cusolito at 617-574-5512.
- By Friday: Call Schumer. Here’s a time when New Yorkers actually get to the call their electeds. Presumptive Senator Minority Leader Schumer has said he will collaborate with Trumpski on Unpresidented-Elect’s bogus infrastructure plan. Call him and tell him no way.
- By Sunday: Make your plans for inauguration weekend. Perhaps this, or this?
Part 2: Mixed Media
- Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: The pesumptive National Security Advisor met with the leader of the Austrian far-right, Nazi-connected party . . . and the mainstream media missed it. This is not normal.
- Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Richard Spencer got a fawning story in WaPo just a few weeks ago. Here’s what he’s really about: Literally calling for hate crimes in Montana.
- Coward of the week award: Reince Priebus, for equating Trump with Jesus on Christmas. This really happened.
- Hero of the week award: JCPenney and Jefferson Mall for doing the right thing even without media pressure. After a Trumpkin verbally abused customers, Jefferson Mall banned the woman and JCPenney sought to find the victims to offer a full refund.
- Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: Merry Christmas from Real America.